CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Drag Me to Hell



Drag me to hell was what I would call a so so movie. I’m partially biased because I love horror movies and I find that they don’t measure up to what they use to for me for a few reasons. I think as a society we are desensitized because there are more and more horror flicks and we are exposed to so much that we get over the shock of it which is why I think directors are utilizing the gore special effects, we are so aware of the unrealistic of it and don’t fear em as much, also all the scary stuff has been done already, and also the horror aspect has worn off with adulthood. Back to the movie, the concept was originally and possible based in real culture lore being that the enemy is a dark spirit of gypsy conjuring which to my knowledge hasn’t been done like that before. The main star is Allison Lohman who is the cursed and target of the spirit, and supported by boyfriend played by Justin Long, and Lorna Raver who plays the gypsy who puts the plot in motion. Lohman who has given great performances in movies such as Beowulf and White Oleander, stayed with the movie overall in given a so so performance, at some points she isn’t believable as an innocent bank teller fearful of literally dragged into hell for all of eternity. The supporters outshined her Justin longs final scene truly makes you feel what his character is feeling, and Lorna Raver blew me away with her portrayal of a vengeful sickened bitter gypsy. The movie overall though was mediocre as a horror flick but as a movie in general wasn’t bad at all Sam Raimi put in a lot of humor and really nailed it along with some slapstick scenes that really have you ROFL. The special effects are pretty good in what you would expect if this had actually happen. I would def say compared to what’s in the box office now that this would be a good bet on watching a movie that u don’t want to regret later.

0 comments: