CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen


I can honestly say that I cannot recall seeing a movie with so much non stop action than Transformers 2. Way more intensity and action then the first movie, but I guess to compensate for the extra action they chose to fall back on the story line. The plot when its all explained out seems pretty weak and last minute and contradictory of the first movie as well as some inconsistencies from 1st to 2nd. In this installment Megatron is much smaller than his towering appearance was in the first movie and is no longer the leader but a follower of a character created for this movie. The fallen is the main villain and a character created by writers along with skidz and mudflaps. The two simeon looking auto bots with gold teeth, who can’t read or write, and only listen to hip hop music. Not saying they are suppose to be the black ones but they seem to bear a certain amount of ignorant stereotypes in their demeanor. Most of the main characters from the first movie make their return, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and so on and deliver great performances as they did in the first movie. This movie was very visually pleasing but not the summer movie I expected. I was expecting a movie that I could see maybe twice or more in the theater and never get tired of it. Sitting the Revenge of the fallen had great moments as far as effects but their were a few times I found myself thinking would they hurry it along and if it was almost over, and I don’t think I could sit through it again knowing what is going to happen now. See at your own risk and leave your expectations at the door.

0 comments: